Monday, May 17, 2010

How I roll.



Aside from seeing the above on my desktop EVERYDAY, I like to think that I roll the same way you all roll. Use of my ghetto, G-homie slang (along with proper grammar and punctuation Mrs. Deadon <-- 2nd grade teacher) is in hopes that with today's new development I will inspire everyone at home to keep up with me while still staying stylish and cool with friends.

INTRODUCING EYEFINITY!

Thanks ATI (graphics card developers)!

I've expanded my mind and brain beyond the simple use of multiple monitors, to use three desktops at once. Fortunately this sexy new development by my favorite technology company AMD (ATI is a branch of theirs) has come at a time where my already purchased monitors are at the price-point of happiness for me to by a 3rd 23" Samsung Monitor which of course is needed to complete this operation.













(A 'displayport' adapter, not pictured, was also needed and was also NOT mentioned on the back of my graphics card box / purchase...*ahem*).

WITHOUT FURTHER ADEU!!!
Yes ladies and germs, that means that my display now covers three of these buxom beauties. Like this:








That quite simply will result in this:




















And then will let me do THIS! (sorry if you can't see this video but it's my first lame / no effort attempt...)




OK so what's your update for us that actually makes sense and is worth our while?!?

FINE:
Go to www.snapfiles.com and download 'Recuva' (version 1.37.488 was the one I downloaded and used, not that it matters...) I used this program to "undelete" files from a SD card. Which as it turns out was completely unnecessary in my case, as you all know, because I leave back up copies of data trailing behind me a mile wide. :))

I recommend this program because it's simple for those who are frantically trying to get back something they lost (and probably don't know the difference between a byte and a bit). At the same time however, it provides high-level detail for users like me. (Oh, and is free!).

So any hollerin ahoo, I didn't done need it ta do dat there buuutah be'in a' principled and all...
I's a figgurin I'd show ya anyhoo.

Summary?
As you may or may not know, when you delete a file from a memory card it's GONE. To avoid this you can change the settings in windows explorer (which I will show you how upon request), or you can keep the generally useful function and keep a copy of this program around. There are thousands of other programs like this, but this one worked in a pinch. So there ya go. I HOPE YOUR HAPPY. GOD.

***By the way, I fully recommend to everyone in passing that whenever you copy files you do the following procedure:

1. Copy the file(s) to the intended destination.
2. Verify the file(s) are of the same size. (A simple/basic integrity of transfer check).
3. If a very important file, open it to make sure the new copy is full functional.
4. Finally, if it's a redundant copy or temporary copy that you won't need later, change the file name to reflect that. (Avoids having multiple copies of the same file eating up your storage space.)

G-Night! [that's ghetto for goodnight :) ]


(.....yeah, I know)

1 comment: